Cannabis comes from a plant and can be prepared and used in many ways.
The preparations of the cannabis plant generally fall into three categories:
- Dried cannabis is made of the flower buds and leaves of the cannabis plant. These forms are also sometimes called marijuana, pot, ganja, weed, bud, or Mary Jane.
- Hashish is made from the resin (a sticky substance) of the cannabis plant, which is dried and pressed into small blocks.
- Hash Oil is a highly potent form of cannabis that is processed so that it is very high in TCH.
What are THC and CBD?
- THC stands for delta-9-tetrahydricannabidol. THC is the main chemical responsible for the "high" or mind altering effects from cannabis.
- The potency (concentration or strength) of THC in cannabis is often presented as a percentage of THC by the weight of a certain part of the plant.
- Cannabis that contains very low amounts of THC in its flowers and leaves (less than 0.3%) is classified as hemp.
- CBD stands for cannabidiol. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive, meaning that it does not have mind-altering effects. CBD may block or lower some of the mind altering effects of THC. This may occur when the amount of CBD in the cannabis is equal to or higher than the amount of THC. Researchers are studying CBD for its potential therapeutic uses.
Cannabis Rack Card